Friday, October 26, 2012

Deals! What do purchases say about you?

Deals! Deals! Deals! The funny thing about deals is that they can make you buy things you never intended to. I didn't really need a waffle maker, I just thought it'd be cool to make my own fresh and everything. I used it a total of one time before shoving it somewhere I can't get to it without a complicated set of maneuvers involving boxes and back pain.

I subscribe to daily emails from Slickdeals.net and 3-hourly ones from Fatwallet.com to keep track of deals. It means, of course, that I miss out on most of the deals which usually get snapped up in minutes, if not seconds. Which is fine by my wallet, which would never survive a whole day of real time deals.

And what are these deals for? What would these purchases say about the people buying them? Some of this stuff is supposed to be for reselling on eBay, but even then it means there's quite a market for this stuff. As far as I can tell, Slickdealers/Fatwalleters/eBay buyers are chocolate-loving, coffee-loving, rice-loving, body building, computer building, media loving, gun toting fashionistas quite possibly with revolving balances on lots of credit cards. After all, you can never have too many candies (like Candy House Chocolate Truffles in Gold Foil - Reception Accessories (Google Affiliate Ad)), K-cups, rice cookers, pounds of whey protein, computer parts, BluRays, TVs (like Samsung 46 " Black LED 1080P 120HZ HDTV - UN46EH6000 (Google Affiliate Ad)), ebooks, guns, shoes, and credit cards. Especially when they're 70% or more off or even free! Never mind that you'll never read all those ebooks; they just look cool on your 50% off ereader.

No comments:

Post a Comment