Sunday, April 5, 2015

Son of Coul vs the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D."

Spoiler Alert! Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes 2-14 Love in the Time of Hydra and 2-15 One Door Closes
  • Transparent, my ass! The "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." is more secretive than Coulson's. If it's the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D.," why has no one heard of them? Why not tell people like Talbot not to work with Coulson and just hand everything over to them instead?

  • Reporting to the World Security Council? No big thing, especially since it was compromised by HYDRA just as much as the original S.H.I.E.L.D. was.

  • What has the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." even been doing all this time? They had an entire aircraft carrier and what looks like lots more people. All Fury left Coulson was a cube, an old secret base and some Koenigs with an inexplicable love of lanyards. Yet it looks like Coulson's team did all the work. All the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." seems to have done is spy on Coulson.

  • Five people sat at the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." table yet they looked anything but equal. It was quite obvious that the other four deferred to Gonzales. I didn't even realize they were supposed to be equal until they tried to feed Coulson that garbage in the second episode since the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." reveal.

  • Gonzales wanted to follow Fury's orders until the very end when HYDRA was blowing in the door right after Bobbie's democracy speech. The point when he pretty much had no choice but to help keep himself alive doing as the others by firing at the mass of enemies busting through the door. Fury gave the cube to Coulson, enough said.

  • If anything the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." looks like a power grab by Gonzales. Of course people will be loyal to you if you save them which is easy enough if you have Mockingbird, Hartley and other fine agents to do most of the hard work while protecting you. The same people you need to do all the hard work of keeping your new kingodm running.

  • Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if HYDRA left Gonzales behind, hoping he'd get Fury's cube and find the most dangerous hidden weapons. What better way than with a reborn HYDRA S.H.I.E.L.D.?

  • And you know, if the Avengers had to choose, they'd choose Coulson over some lame "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." any day. Hey, you want to tell Hulk he can't work with Coulson?
Catch up on Season One of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:

    1 comment:

    1. OK, so they didn't just spy on Coulson's team.They cleaned up their aircraft carrier and designed a new logo to replace the old one everywhere (including first thing on the Bus when they got their hands on it).

      ReplyDelete